Saturday, July 16, 2011

domare draconis

IMAG0473

"We are our own dragons as well as our own heroes, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves." ~ Tom Robbins

I remember once, when I was a young girl, someone told me that in order to tame the dragon you have to name it. Only later did I realise that it did not refer to the scaled winged creatures of the other world, but our dragons, our demons, our monsters are the things that break us down, that make us weak, that bring out the abyss in our souls. The only way we can survive the challenges life throws our way is by taming our dragons, giving them a name and understanding exactly why they are what they are in the first place. To name the thing is to control the thing.

I am sounding terribly preachy. But I am not. I am taming a few dragons this week, and reminding myself why.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...